The time has come for participants in our REMOTE Online Travel Show, scheduled for October 5-9, 2020, to apply to give a REMOTE Seeds short talk.
If you have interesting projects, ideas and trends to share, please send us your pitch of around 10 lines presenting your suggested theme and a five-line short bio by August 20th.
We’re interested in stories with the potential to inspire, provoke debates or provide useful knowledge to our niche of tourism in Latin America at this tough moment post-Covid – and contemporary themes like isolation, diversity and leadership in unpredictable times.
Check the rules for participating in REMOTE Seeds:
– Every REMOTE Online participant can apply to present their own REMOTE Seeds speech;
– The final speech can last no more than 10 minutes.
– REMOTE LATIN AMERICA staff reserves the right to conduct a pre-selection of the best suggestions in order to create a balance of diverse themes for the event.
– To participate, the candidate must fill out this form, summarizing in 5 lines (font size 12) their biography and in a maximum of 10 lines the theme and message to be shared.
– We recommend your pitches be inspiring, relevant, provocative, and positive. Ideally they surprise the audience with something new, disruptive, fun, non-commercial or trendy and which inspires personal or professional changes. Themes like isolation, diversity and leadership in unpredictable times will sound interesting in these new-era post-pandemic.
– After our selection process, all candidates will receive an answer from our staff to inform whether or not their idea was chosen.
– Selected candidates will then be contacted so they can begin the process of preparing and editing a touching speech. Candidates should be aware that they must participate in two or three virtual meetings before we come to the final version of the speech.
– Every REMOTE SEEDS speaker is responsible for the final text, the visual presentation (optional) and the live speech at REMOTE Online Show.
– Selected speakers allow REMOTE LATIN AMERICA to promote their image and ideas of their speech before and after the event in different types of media, such as the website, social media, newsletter and our YouTube channel, in full or edited form.
Watch our previous REMOTE Seeds sessions on our YouTube Channel :
If you have any questions regarding REMOTE Seeds, please contact Daniel Nunes at firstname.lastname@example.org.